- Skyline at Markeaton operates a no refunds policy.
- It may be possible to make changes to bookings but these will be subject to an admin fee. However, you should be aware that any changes with less than 72 hours notice cannot be guaranteed.
- The course requires an induction prior to the session starting. You should arrive at the site at least 15 minutes before the session start time in order to complete a full induction.
- You will not be able to participate in the session if you have not completed a full induction.
- Children using the facility must be supervised at all times during public sessions. All participants under the age of 12 years must have a parent/guardian/responsible adult at the site at all times unless we are providing child care or supervision as part of your pre-booked session.
- Derbyshire County Council and its employees are not responsible for the general welfare of unaccompanied children. Parents /guardians/responsible adults remain responsible for the welfare of the children in their care at all times.
- Participants are welcome to store personal belongings in the small lockers (suitable for wallets, mobile phones, jewellery, etc.) located in the briefing area for the duration of the session. However, use of this storage is at the owner’s risk – Derbyshire County Council and its employees are not responsible for these belongings.
- The leap of faith and zip-line activities are subject to availability and at an additional cost as stated on the price list. Staff will endeavour to ensure that as many people as possible get the opportunity to take part in these two activities if scheduled. However if this is not possible due to time restrictions, or otherwise, please respect Skyline staff and other customers in this decision.
Agreement for participation in activities
All participants must understand that the activities at the Skyline at Markeaton may be dangerous and may lead to injury. By agreeing to this when you book you are giving consent for those who you are making the booking on behalf of to participate. By giving your permission you consent that you are the responsible adult for any participants aged 12 years or under, or you have gained the necessary permission from the relevant responsible adult for the children to participate.
- Participants must be booked in and present within the site 15 minutes prior to the start of their session for an induction.
- Participants must respect the direction and instruction of Skyline activity instructors.
- Participants must not enter the activity areas or start a course without permission of the activity instructor.
- Only our instructors are trained to ensure you are attached to the course or climbing walls – you must not climb on anything without having had your harness checked by an instructor and you have been securely attached.
- Participants should not walk underneath another person using an activity.
- Children watching or accompanying visitors must be supervised at all times.
- All jewellery, watches and badges must be removed prior to the activity for safety reasons.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and flat footwear such as trainers to protect their feet during the activity (bare feet, sandals, flip flops, high heels and ‘crocs’ are not suitable).
- Footwear should be clean so as not to damage the equipment.
- The activities being undertaken on the Skyline at Markeaton are physical – participants should be in a good state of health to carry out the activities. Please note that our belay system can carry a maximum weight of 120kg.
- If you are pregnant it is vital that you speak to your midwife before participating in any activity to ensure that it would be safe to do so.
- Please note that we do not recommend our activities for people who have recently had surgery or have neck, back or heart problems.
You can print out a disclaimer form to complete and bring along to a session or complete one when you arrive at Skyline at Markeaton: Skyline at Markeaton Consent Form Risk Acknowledgement and Disclaimer (this link will open in a new tab)
For all bookings please bring along your booking confirmation to show the team before you start the session. You can print out the confirmation you will receive by email or show it on a mobile device.